Tuesday, November 27, 2007

star starry night...

For the first time since my arrival, the moon hangs high and full, illuminating the city laying at it’s feet. An eerie peace fills the air, as the only explosions to be witnessed tonight are the explosions of stars in the sky. Scattered across God’s black canvas, blinking and winking down at me.

I feel that piece by piece the reasoning behind God bringing me to Iraq is slowly being revealed. Through people and experiences I can feel something moving in and around me. I pray that more pieces may be revealed, more doors opened… most importantly the door to my heart.

It is hard to fathom what my childhood would have been like had I grown up here. Such vast differences in who we are stem from where we come from. Yet, so much of what we feel and what we seek are universally felt and pursued no matter what our upbringing.

It is late and I am tired. I don’t sleep much these days. Too many thoughts of family and friends… too many thoughts of what should be, or questions of where to begin fill my head. Often finding their way down through my fingertips, onto paper, and eventually to you. Sharing with those who surround my heart.

I pray that more will come from this situation, that more will come from me.

We have an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of many from here in Iraq. Pray that God can help me be an instrument to fuel that change.

I will be asking a lot of you guys in the coming weeks, I just ask that you be patient and resourceful with me. God has put me here for a reason, may that reason find it’s way into your hearts, as I feel it has already begun to move within me.

Goodnight and God bless…

No comments: