Saturday, March 1, 2008

:: Double Shots, Deuces, & Duos ::

So, this week has been fairly hectic... So, I threw together a show rather quickly. I am finding that I prefer to have a theme for each show. It helps me focus and keeps me from bouncing all over the place with my music selection. I had a whole "From New York to London" show planned in my mind, but getting the time to research all of the bands and their heritage, etc. was difficult this week. So, I decided to run with a "Double Shot Show", playing two songs by each artist. Here are the results. Not my best show by far, but fun nevertheless. Thanks for everyones support. You guys are the best!

Download and listen here:

:: Double Shots, Deuces, & Duos : Hour 1 ::

:: Double Shots, Deuces, & Duos : Hour 2 ::


And the play list :

Hour 1 --

Foo Fighters – The Pretender
– Times Like These (Acoustic)

Feist – I Feel It All
– My Moon My Man

Actual Tigers - Testimony
- Standing By

Editors – An End Has A Start
– Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors

Bright Eyes – First Day Of My Life
– Hot Knives

Iron & Wine – Boy With A Coin
– Love Song Of The Buzzard

Billy Bragg & Wilco - Secret Of The Sea
- California Stars

Hour 2 --

Beastie Boys – No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn
– Paul Revere

Stephen Malkmus – Gardenia
– Mama

Drive By Truckers – Easy On Yourself
- Never Gonna Change

Straylight Run – Existentialism On Prom Night
- Still Alone

Cat Power – Free
– Living Proof
- New York

Brendan Benson – Tiny Spark
- Metarie

Patty Griffin – Blue Sky
- Let Him Fly

1 comment:

Gonzalo said...

Dear Sand Soldier:
First at all, let me introduce my self. My name is Gonzalo Vega and I'm a journalist in “El Mercurio” newspaper (www.emol.com), one of the most important in South America. I am leaving this comment because I am writing an article about the 5th anniversary of the Iraq War. It would be very important for us if you could participate in this article answering just three questions. Once the article be publish, I could send you a copy of it. These are the questions (you could answer to gvegas@mercurio.cl):

-As a soldier in Iraq, are you optimistic about the future of the war? Why?

-Do you see any difference between the situation in Iraq now, than the situations years ago? Which ones?

-Where are you serving in Iraq? (Could you tell me the dates)

As I told you, I hope you could participate in this article.

Thank you very much for your time and good luck.

My best regards,

Gonzalo Vega Sfrasani

Journalist

International informations

El Mercurio newspaper

Chile - South America

Ph: 56-2-3301967 / 56-9-92357992

Email: gvegas@mercurio.cl