Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ding... Ding... Webb departing!

You would think that after all of the bitching and complaining I did about the mighty ship USS PORT ROYAL that I would be happy to be leaving. However after completing my check out today I was sad in a way. For the last 3 years I have called this place home. I have literally shed blood, sweat, and tears on that ship. The people have become as close to me as family. Through this I believe that life has decided to bitch slap me back into reality. It is not just the fact that I am leaving the people and place that I have come to know so well, it is the reasoning behind my departure that makes this seem so daunting. I am literally leaving a fairly sterile, albeit floating, work environment for the war torn lands of Iraq. Who knows where I will end up or who will be crossing my path? All I know is that this is the start of one helluva bumpy ride! So, with this I have now officially checked off of the USS (never in) PORT ROYAL! On to bigger and better...er..uh.. I mean...hotter and dirtier....hmmm, that's not right either.... oh' well to hell with it... Adios PORT ROYAL! See you in May '08!

3 comments:

Michael said...

I love the postings brother. Enjoy TX

Michael said...

Hope you two got back to the island alright and that everything is in place after hurricanes and earthquakes.

Also hoping the family is well in TX with the storm coming.

Love you both!

Unknown said...

Who knows who will be crossing your path - :) me! it's a privilege to know you.